BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

37 Weeks

HAPPY FULL TERM!!!

It is with extreme joy in my heart, tears in my eyes and love in my heart that Trae and I can successfully say that we are now full term with our baby girls and set to deliver bright and early tomorrow morning at 37 weeks, 2 days on February 27, 2014.

This pregnancy has been exactly what our Doctors told us it would be: an emotionally draining, mental challenge with physical hardships to overcome... but we did it.  There have been MANY nights where I sat here fighting Braxton Hicks or was frustrated I couldn't move more than a few feet without it feeling like my pelvis or back was severly injured and I worried that making it this far, just simply wasn't possible.  But the days ticked on and the weeks forged ahead... and we couldn't be more proud of the fact that my body, the one we were so mad at a year ago for failing our boys.. has held strong with the assistance of my Abdominal Cerclage, and carried these girls to a healthy gestation.

While I'm so proud of my body and my personal sacrifices as a Mommy to these girls, I'm so proud of my Trae and all that he has done & sacrificed as both a husband and a Papa to our girls throughout our entire pregnancy.  Trae has made it to every. single. Dr's appointment I've ever had. EVERY ONE!! He has asked questions, when needed and been the perfect partner, supporting me through all the great times and hard times- never blaming emotions on pregnancy or weakness.  He has learned to cook (or pick up food) when I've been to sore or tired without complaint, spontaneously brought me home breakfast as a surprise when I didn't sleep well the night before and has runn 100% of our errands for the past 10 weeks or so that I've been on restricted activity.   Our marriage has endured more than one's 3.5 years should have to, but we can confidently say that we have come out more in love and more united than ever.. and we are SO looking forward to all the fun & challenges that come with parenting our sweet daughters together.  What a blessing! 

Tomorrow we go in at 5:30 AM for our 7:30 AM C-Section with Dr. Reue.   We will have our family in the waiting room for us, but we know how many friends & family we have praying for us & our girls.. excited for us & understanding what tomorrow brings for our family.. and we thank you ALL for that.

Of Course we go in with baited breath and excitement to become parents again.. to hear 2 LOUD cries when born, long legs and healthy reports from their nurses, but we go in remembering their brothers Sawyer & Tristan who we are confidant are with us in that operating room.  We know they are overjoyed that we are getting the opportunity to be parents again and probably think its both silly and amazing that we were blessed with 2 little girls after our 2 little boys made such a profound impact on our hearts, forever.  They will be talked about, prayed for and thanked tomorrow... never forgotten, as they are THE reason why their sisters are here with us today.

We promise to show lots of pictures of our beauties in the coming days & weeks and look forward to all the fun times ahead as a family.

SO! A final pregnancy update:

How Far Along?  37 weeks 1 day

Stretch Marks? None! Just a pesky Outie that is VERY OUTIE that Trae likes to laugh. It's like my 3rd accessory (earrings: check, necklace: check, Outie: check)

Sleep? Sleep is almost non existant at this time. Laying down in bed is very uncomfortable and it takes more effort and pain getting out of bed than it's worth to get into bed.  Thank Goodness Trae bought me my trusty recliner- it's been my only way to sleep a few hours here and there!  George, our boxer has been very sweet in sleeping next to me in the living room throughout the night and making me feel a little more normal when I wake up and hear a friendly snoring in the middle of the night.

Best Moment of the Week? While I think the best moments of our week are to come in meeting these 2 little girls tomorrow, the best part so far has been enjoying our last OB appointment together and celebrating this pregnancy with our parents, who are both in town today.

Food Cravings? Pizza, Lime Water, Juice, Fruit, Scrambled Egg Whites (random, I know)

Genders? Fraternal Twin Girls

Symptoms: Ongoing SPD Pelvic Pain which is SO painful, Pregnancy Insomnia, Braxton Hicks that are off and on, leg muscle pain.  No crazy swelling or high blood pressure though- which our OB was REALLY surprised by!

Weekly Dr Appt:

After graduating from Dr Berry last week, we only had a final Dr Reue appointment to go to this week. It was so CRAZY walking in for the last time pregnant and all our nurses commenting how excited they were for us.

I have been losing a pound or 2 a week for the past few weeks, which Dr Reue has said is normal and I'm not complaining about!  I've gained somewhere between 40-45 lbs this pregnancy which considering my complete lack of activity, and 2 healthy sized baby girls, I'm very happy with.  Having that said, this Momma is going to have some WORK to do to get her body strong & lean again.

My Blood Pressure was completely normal and all my vitals checked out- so Dr Reue went over the details for our surgery, did a final Bio Physical Exam on the girls which they passed quickly and sent us on our way!  We didn't get the girls' measurements on sonogram, but the sonographer did mention Baby A looking larger than her sister, Baby B.. maybe up to a lb larger, so we will see!
The last weight guesstimate was done by Dr. Berry and he guessed Baby A weighing a little over 6# and Baby B weighing close to 7.

Any guesses?!  Closest Guess Wins! 


The last night with my babies in my belly!
Trae joking around with the girls, excited to meet them!

 
 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I understand the rollercoaster of emotions during your pregnancy, Cyndi. I can only imagine how hard it is to satisfy your cravings, adjust to your mood swings, and cope up with your hormones. However, I’m so glad that you passed all of these! Congratulations on your new babies! I can’t wait to see their first photos. :)

Adam Heller